Monday, December 3, 2012

The beautiful orange 4-day hat

I visited the One of a Kind craft show last week with a neighbour.  It was so inspiring to see creative work made by so many talented crafts people from chocolates to toys, from lamps to dresses.  A warm knitted wool tam, bright orange and oversized attracted my attention.  I tried it on and my friend and I thought it looked just super.

I wore it every day thereafter even when the weather was too warm.  On Sunday, when it was too warm in the car, I took the tam off and put it on my lap along with my husband's favourite hat.  I had to jump out ot the car quickly to pick up some supplies in a local store, forgot about the hats and they were gone from the sidewalk by the time I remembered.

This story about kindness is really about my husband.  I lost his hat too but he has not complained about my carelessness once.  He commiserated with me instead about my lost orange hat and agrees it was terrific to have such a wonderful hat if only for a few days.  I am so grateful for his kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment